- 4 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 4-6 leaves of lettuce
- 2-3 slices of ripe tomato
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- Begin by cooking the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and place it on a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess grease.
- While the bacon is cooking, toast the bread slices to your desired level of doneness.
- Once the bread is toasted, spread mayonnaise on one side of each slice.
- Add lettuce leaves and tomato slices on one slice of bread.
- Add the crispy bacon on top of the lettuce and tomato.
- Close the sandwich with the other slice of bread and press it gently.
- Cut the sandwich in half and enjoy!
This BLT sandwich recipe is a classic and timeless sandwich that’s perfect for lunchtime or any time of the day. The key to making the best BLT sandwich is to use fresh ingredients, thick-cut bacon and toasting the bread. The mayo gives it a creamy texture that balances the crispy bacon and the fresh veggies. You can also add some variations to this sandwich by adding avocado, cheese or different types of bread, to make it more personalized.