The Pot Roast it will always be one of the most satisfying comforting dinners around! It’s just the perfect HomeStyle meal to finish a long day with with, and the whole family loves it!
This roast is just so tender and stick-to-your-ribs good. And you love that this is a dinner that reminds you of home.
Easy HomeStyle Pot Roast:
My mom always she made roast for dinner almost every Sunday. She didn’t usually toss the potatoes and carrots in with the roast, instead she’s do roast with mashed potatoes and gravy (which I also absolutely love) but I’ve always loved how this is a one pot meal.
I’m all about easy dinners and this one definitely makes the cut. Plus it’s a meal my whole family loves!
A classic pot roast recipe is something we should all know how to make (unless your vegetarian of course), it’s just one of those timeless dinners everyone can agree on.
And when you serve up a dinner this delicious you’ll feel like a pro in the kitchen, and no one needs to know what a breeze it was to make
Please Head On Over To Next Page Or and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends
- 1 (3 lb) boneless chuck roast
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large yellow onion , coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can beef broth
- 3/4 cup dry red wine (optional)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes , cleaned then diced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 medium carrots , peeled and chopped into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Season roast all over with salt and pepper, then add roast to pot and brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer roast to cutting board (or plate), add onions to pan and saute until they begin to brown, about 4 – 5 minutes, adding in garlic during last minute.
- Return roast to pan, pour beef broth and optional red wine over roast. Add thyme, rosemary and bay leaf to broth. Bring to a simmer, then cover pot with lid and transfer to oven and cook 2 hours.
- Remove from oven, add carrots and potatoes to pot and season with salt and pepper. Cover pot and return to oven and cook 1 – 1 1/2 hours longer until roast and veggies are tender.
- Remove roast and shred or cut into large pieces, while removing fat, then return to pot. Remove bay leaf and herb sprigs. Serve warm.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @mindstips on Instagram and hashtag it #mindstips