Pumpkin delight has layers of pecan crust, decadent cream cheese and creamy pumpkin. This easy dessert is perfect for Fall and anyone that loves pumpkin.
Easy Pumpkin delight Recipe
This decadent dessert is so amazing and perfect when you are craving all things pumpkin. Each bite is heavenly as you get a little taste of all the layers.
From the pecans in the crust to the pumpkin cream cheese layer, this is just one of those desserts everyone will want more of.
It is really so easy but unforgettable. You will love it!
Make it for Thanksgiving, Sunday dinner or just because. You can’t go wrong with this simple recipe.
- graham cracker crumbs – crushed
- butter – softened
- pecans -chopped
- cream cheese – softened
- powdered sugar
- whipped topping
- white chocolate (or vanilla) instant pudding mix
- pumpkin puree (or make your own Pumpkin Puree)
- pumpkin spice- learn how to make pumpkin pie spice.
How to make pumpkin delight dessert
First, mix the flour, graham cracker crumbs, butter and part of the pecans together.
Once combined, press this into a 9×13 pan. Make sure to spray it with cooking spray first!
Now, bake the crust for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
Next, combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar until both are well combined. You can use a mixer if you prefer.
Once this is combined, add a cup of the whipped topping and stir it all together. Spread it all over the cooled crust.
Get out a large bowl and mix together the milk, pudding mix, canned pumpkin, pumpkin spice and part of the whipped topping until it all very smooth.
Spread the pumpkin mixture over the top of the layer 2.
Finally, spread the remaining cup of whipped topping on top. Sprinkle the remaining pecans all over the cool whip.
This needs to chill until set. It should take about 3 hours for it to set.
It is best served cold. Enjoy! Serve chilled, and enjoy.
HOW TO STORE:
Keep the dessert refrigerated until you serve it. It needs to be covered with foil or plastic wrap to keep it fresh.
How to make ahead:
Prepare as normal and place in the fridge until ready to enjoy. Make sure to cover with a lid if your baking dish has one or use foil.
This can be made up to 24 hours in advance. I don’t recommend making it more than 24 hours because the pumpkin can become runny and the layers will not be as pretty and defined.
Tips for this layered dessert:
- We make our own pumpkin puree but feel free to use canned. Just use what you prefer.
- Make sure that you drain the puree you use if it is runny. It will make the dessert soggy and the layers harder to set up.
- We used pecans but walnuts would be delicious too. Use what you have!
- White Chocolate pudding mix is delicious but vanilla works just as well. We have used both and it turned out great each time.
- You need to use instant pudding so the dessert sets properly.
- Love cinnamon flavor? Use cinnamon graham crackers and crush them to make the crust instead of the pecan crust.
- Topping ideas: Crushed toffee or heath candy bar is good sprinkled on top. Either use this instead of nuts or mix them in with it. Yum!
This dessert is amazing!
The pumpkin layer is so rich and creamy. It really is divine. I think you ar egoing to go crazy over this rich dessert.
It looks gorgeous and tastes even better. Plus, the recipe is so simple. You can’t go wrong with this.
I have a feeling everyone will ask for the recipe. Everyone always asks me to make it now for all the things. From holidays to potlucks, this is the one everyone wants!
Let us know how it turns out for you. It is super easy!
Print this tasty pumpkin delight recipe below:
- 1/2 cup flour
- ▢2 cups graham cracker crumbs crushed
- ▢1 cup butter softened
- ▢¾ cup pecans chopped
- ▢8 oz cream cheese softened
- ▢1 cup powdered sugar
- ▢3 cups whipped topping divided
- ▢2 ½ cups milk
- ▢3 pkgs white chocolate or vanilla instant pudding mix (3.4 oz size)
- ▢15 oz can pumpkin puree
- ▢1 tsp pumpkin spice
- Mix flour, graham cracker crumbs, butter and ½ cup pecans together.
- Press into a sprayed 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, then remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, Blend cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined.
- Add 1 cup of the whipped topping and stir together, then spread over cooled crust.
- Mix milk, pudding mix, canned pumpkin, pumpkin spice and 1 cup whipped topping until smooth. Spread over top of layer 2.
- Spread remaining 1 cup of whipped topping and sprinkle remaining pecans.
- Let chill for 3 hours or until set. Serve chilled, and enjoy.