Packed with delicious cookies and cream flavor, this delicious OREO poke cake recipe is easy to make with boxed cake mix, instant pudding, and Cool Whip.
- 1 box chocolate chocolate cake mix + water, eggs, & oil as called for on the box
- 1 (4.2 oz) box OREO cookies and cream instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8 oz) tub of Cool Whip, thawed
- 10 OREO cookies
- Prepare cake mix and bake in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan according to the directions on the box. Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes after removing it from the oven.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pudding mix by whisking it together with the milk until smooth. Set aside.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes throughout the top of the cake (roughly 1 inch apart).
- Use a spatula to spread the pudding over the cake, gently pushing it down into the holes as much as possible. Place cake in the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Top with an even layer of Cool Whip.
- If serving immediately, top with OREOs, slice, and serve. If serving later, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with crushed and/or cut OREO cookies just before serving.
Stove covered in the refrigerator for up to three days.
To make ahead, prepare the cake up through adding the Cool Whip, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1-2 days. Top the cake with crumbled/shopped OREO cookies just before serving so that they don’t become soggy.