My whole family really they loves the pasta dishes but let me be honest I run out of ideas and I get bored doing the same dishes over again. Then I came of this idea to make this Goulash recipe!
Mom’s Goulash Recipe
We all love recipes that are easy to make and with ingredients we already have at home. This recipe is perfect in that respect so it will definitely be on the menu plan for us soon! The only thing I need to
- 1/2 lb macaroni
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- garlic salt, pepper, chili powder, & hot sauce to taste
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans whole stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Tomato juice as needed
- Cook the macaroni to al dente according to package directions.
- While it’s cooking, brown the ground beef and onion together in an extra-large skillet or in a dutch oven.
- Drain and season with spices to taste. In a large bowl, mash tomatoes with potato masher and add to beef along with the ketchup.
- Drain macaroni and add to the beef mixture, stirring well.
- Taste and add additional seasoning as needed.
- I didn’t need to add any tomato juice to mine, but if you like yours very juicy you can add as much tomato juice as you like.
- Phyllis adds it to her leftovers, which I would also recommend, because the noodles tend to soak up all the juice with time
Also I love how easy this is to make. This goulash recipe is straight forward enough that I think he could step into the kitchen with confidence! It’s also a great one for me to throw together when I want a good one pan/pot recipe.