- 250g softened cream cheese (such as Philadelphia)
- 1/3 cup caster sugar (finely granulated)
- 1 Egg
- 1-2 tbs lemon juice (I like the extra zing of 2)
- 5 tbs thickened cream (cream with at least 35% fat)
- 150-200g biscuits (cookies). I often use Arnotts Nice, but use your favourite. Try Ginger Nuts for something different
- 70-100g melted butter (use the larger amounts of butter & biscuits if you prefer a thicker base)
How to make it:
- Crush biscuits to fine crumb in processor or do it old school – pop in a freezer bag and crush with rolling pin/tin of tomatoes or whatever heavy object you have handy.
- Stir in melted butter until well combined.
- Use salted butter – goes beautifully with the sweet biscuits.Line a muffin tin with paper cup cake cases.
- Press biscuit mix into cupcake cases. Push it in firmly and level as will be on display when served. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese & sugar until smooth and creamy. I use my food processor but any mixer / hand held etc will do.
- Add egg and beat until all combined.
- Add lemon juice and cream and beat again.
- You want it combined but not over beaten as excessive beating will cause cheese cake to crack and split.
- Spoon into cupcake cases – fill to about half a cm below top of paper case – they wont rise much.Bake at 160 for 20 mins.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @mindstips on Instagram and hashtag it #mindstips
Feel free to leave your comments on the section bellow. This will motivate me to keep on track with new recipes.