SOOOOO GOOD! I liked the cooked onion in this, though I didn’t see in the directions about adding it in w/ the other ingredients, but I assume that you were supposed to, so I did, lol. Great flavor…will be making these again~YUM! Thanks for sharing. ?
- large eggs (hard-boiled, cooled & halved)
- 6 slices bacon (cooked crisp & crumbled)
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- Transfer egg yolks from halves to mixing bowl & combine with remaining ingredients.
- Add the sour cream or buttermilk last & use more as needed to reach desired smoothness.
- Spoon yolk mixture into halves. The bulk will have grown substantially, so pile it high & “dust” with a sprinkle of paprika.