HOMEMADE PECAN SANDIES
2 sticks butter, unsalted (1/2 lb., softened)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar, granulated
1 cup confectioner’s sugar (sifted)
2 eggs (large)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups flour, all purpose (500 gr.)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups pecans (chopped)
1/2 cup sugar, granulated (for decoration)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, vegetable oil, 1 cup white sugar and confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the pecans.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll each ball in remaining white sugar.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto un~greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are golden.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @mindstips on Instagram and hashtag it #mindstips