For 4 Servings :
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, Private Selection Italian (60 mL)
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (455 g)
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup white long grain rice, rinsed (200 g)
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock(360 mL)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
How to prepare:
- In a shallow dish or medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, agave, 1 teaspoon of salt, the oregano, chili powder, and 2 teaspoons of cumin. Add the chicken and toss to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in a large oven-safe pot over medium-high heat, being careful not to overcrowd the pot. Cook for 3 minutes, or until golden brown, then flip and repeat on the other side. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onion and bell peppers to the pot. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until starting to soften.
- Add the rice and chicken stock. Season with the remaining teaspoon of cumin, the pepper, and remaining 2 teaspoons of salt. Bring to a boil, then return the chicken thighs to the pot.
- Cover with a lid and transfer to the oven until the rice is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lime juice and cilantro.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @mindstips on Instagram and hashtag it #mindstips