- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 4 to 8 ounces small cooked shrimp or other seafood
- 2 tablespoon sherry win
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-low heat; add the chopped green onion and celery. Saute, stirring, until tender.
- Blend the flour into the butter and vegetables until well incorporated. Continue cooking, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- Warm the milk in another saucepan over medium heat.
- Slowly stir in the warmed milk and continue cooking and stirring until thickened.
- Add the freshly ground black pepper, tomato paste, and heavy cream.
- If desired, puree the soup in a blender or food processor** at this point and then return it to the saucepan.
- Stir in the crab, shrimp, and the sherry. Bring to a simmer.
- Serve hot.
- Tips and Variations
- Feel free to add small cooked bay scallops or lobster instead of the shrimp.
- Replace the green onions with finely chopped shallots.
- If desired, garnish the soup with thinly sliced green onion tops, cilantro, or parsley. Or add a spoonful of sour cream and swirl it.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @mindstips on Instagram and hashtag it #mindstips
Feel free to leave your comments on the section bellow. This will motivate me to keep on track with new recipes.