- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 4 to 8 ounces small cooked shrimp or other seafood
- 2 tablespoon sherry win
Melt the butter in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-low heat; add the chopped green onion and celery. Saute, stirring, until tender.
Blend the flour into the butter and vegetables until well incorporated. Continue cooking, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
Warm the milk in another saucepan over medium heat.
Slowly stir in the warmed milk and continue cooking and stirring until thickened.
Add the freshly ground black pepper, tomato paste, and heavy cream.