Welcome to MindsTips
- 1 24 ounce package – frozen egg noodles
- 2 – 14.7 oz cans – cream of chicken soup – sometimes i use 1 can chicken and 1 can cream of celery
- 1 stick (1/2) cup butter – cut into pieces
- 1 – 32 oz chicken broth – may want extra to thin out, if too thick. the frozen noodles thicken the broth
- mixed vegetables – optional – i didn’t use this time
- Chicken buillon to taste – optional – i add about a teaspoon of better than buillion chicken flavored paste – for a richer chicken flavor
- 6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4 large
- salt & pepper to taste – can add some parsley too if desire
- Salt & pepper chicken breasts and place in the bottom of crock pot. Spoon soup over the chicken.
- Cut butter into several pats and place pieces evenly over soup.
- I whisk the bouillon with the broth and pour over soup.
- Place lid on pot and turn to low. Cook for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and tear into pieces. Add back to pot.
- Now add noodles and if adding veggies add now. Cook for another 2 hours or until noodles are desired tenderness.
- I stir a few times during last 2 hours. ( You may want to add more broth to thin out at the end of cooking, as the home made noodles thicken the broth, which we like. )
- Sprinkle with parsley and mix in, if using at the end of cooking.
- Salt & pepper if needed and Serve. Yum!