- 3 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Or Tex-mex Seasoning
- Vegetable Or Olive Oil For Frying
- 1 whole Large Onion
- 1 Take a whole Large Bell Pepper.
- 12 whole Small Flour Tortillas (fajita Size)
- 2-1/2 cups Grated Cheddar Jack Cheese or you can choose Straight Jack
- Hot Sauce (I Used Cholula)
- Butter, For Frying
- Salsa, For Serving
- Sour Cream, For Serving
- Cilantro, For Serving
- Jalapeno Slices, For Serving
- Heat vegetable oil or olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with taco seasoning. Add the chicken to the skillet and saute over medium-high heat until done, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet, allow to cool slightly, and dice into cubes. Set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, throw in the onions and peppers and cook until the veggies are golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon of the butter in a separate skillet or griddle over medium heat and lay a flour tortilla in the skillet. Build the quesadillas by laying a good amount of grated cheese on the bottom tortilla, and then arranging the chicken and cooked peppers on the cheese. Top with a little more grated cheese and top with a second tortilla.
- When the tortilla is golden on the first side, carefully flip the quesadilla to the other side, adding another 1/2 tablespoon butter to the skillet at the same time. Continue cooking until the second side is golden.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and fillings. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa, sour cream, jalapeno slices, and cilantro.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @mindstips on Instagram and hashtag it #mindstips
Feel free to leave your comments on the section bellow. This will motivate me to keep on track with new recipes.