This Cabbage Soup recipe isn’t just boring vegetables, but carrots, celery, green beans, tomatoes, kidney beans and cabbage swimming in the most dynamic Italian spiced tomato broth. It’s healthy, hearty, comforting, naturally gluten free and extremely versatile.
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 large head cabbage, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 2 quarts tomato juice
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 10 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
How To Make Cabbage Soup
Place carrots, onions, tomatoes, cabbage, green beans, peppers, and celery in a large pot. Add onion soup mix, tomato juice, beef broth, and enough water to cover vegetables. Simmer until vegetables are tender. May be stored in the refrigerator for several days.