1 3/4 C. sugar
1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 C.) room temp.
3 large eggs
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of salt
3 T. all purpose flour
1 C. buttermilk
1 9″ pie shell, unbaked
How to make it:
- Cream together the sugar and butter till well blended.
- Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, until the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Add in the vanilla, salt and flour.
- Beat in the buttermilk until well combined.
- Place the pie shell on a baking sheet lined with foil (catches any overflow).
- Fill the pie shell with the buttermilk mixture, just to the top of the shell.
- Pour any remaining into an ungreased custard cup.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let set until almost cooled before serving.
- Store covered in the fridge.