4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp peanut oil
1 green bell pepper, sliced
4 mushrooms, sliced
1/2 lb snow peas, cut in half
1/2 c cashews
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
6 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp white wine
1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp oil
- In a large bowl combine chicken with cornstarch and soy sauce, stir well and let sit at least 5 minutes.
- Clean, cut and prepare all ingredients ahead of time, including sauce mixture.
- In a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat, heat oil, add chicken and quickly stir-fry until done, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Add sliced green pepper and mushrooms to pan and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add pea pods and nuts, stir fry 2 more minutes and add ginger and cayenne.
- Return chicken to pan with vegetables, add sauce and stir.
- Cover skillet and cook 5 minutes over medium heat. Serve over boiled white rice.