Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Total: 30 mins
In This Recipe You Will Need The Following Ingredients :
- 2 lbs stew beef
- 2 cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 14 oz can beef broth
- 8 oz button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In the crockpot, combine the meat, soup, onion, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Stir in cream cheese and sour cream about half an hour before serving, stirring every ten minutes or so to break up cream cheese.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles. After the egg noodles have cooked, I like to add them directly into the crockpot for about half an hour for the flavors to mingle and thicken up a bit.
- If the sauce is not thick enough for you, add some cornstarch and water.
TIPS AND TRICKS :
- use decent to good quality quick cooking cut of beef such as:
- boneless rib eye (aka scotch fillet)
- boneless sirloin, sirloin steak tips
- beef tenderloin
- Pork can also be used – pork stroganoff is found in Russia too.
- If you want you can make sauce thinner with touch of water
Calories: 586cal (29%)Carbohydrates: 9g (3%)Protein: 37g (74%)Fat: 44g (68%)Saturated Fat: 24g (150%)Cholesterol: 125mg (42%)Sodium: 449mg (20%)Potassium: 1035mg (30%)Fiber: 1g (4%)Sugar: 3g (3%)Vitamin A: 485IU (10%)Vitamin C: 4mg (5%)Calcium: 57mg (6%)Iron: 3.7mg (21%)