Welcome to MindsTips
- 1/2 pound chopped pecans
- 1/2 pound chopped walnuts
- 2-3 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pound package of Phyllo dough
- 1-1/2 cups butter, melted
- 2-1/2 cups honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- Mix nuts together in a large bowl and toss with the ground cinnamon. Set aside.
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Place 2 sheets of phyllo in the bottom of prepared dish. Brush generously with melted butter.
- Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons of nut mixture on top. Repeat layers until all the nuts, butter, and phyllo are used.
- End with about 6 layers of phyllo on the top. If you still have some butter left, brush it over the top layer.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut through all layers of the baklava. Cut 3-4 sliced length-wise.
- Then make diagonal cuts to make diamond shapes.
- Bake in heated 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- While baklava is baking, heat honey in a sauce pan until close to boiling. Stir in vanilla and lemon zest.
- When baklava is done baking, immediately pour the honey mixture over the top.
- Let cool completely in the pan.