These are delicious onion fritters that I have made many times! This batter would also be great for onion rings! Its so light and crisp!
- 3/4 c flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tsp salt-according to taste
- 3/4 c milk
- 2 1/2 c chopped onions
- oil for frying
1. Mix together dry ingredients.
2. add milk and stir.
3. batter will be thick.
4. add onions and mix throughly.
5. heat 1/2 inch oil in skillet over medium high heat.
6. drop batter by tablespoons in hot oil, flatten slightly, brown on both sides until nice and crisp.
7. drain on paper towels.
8. serve warm.